Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Day 34

"Every man is the builder of a temple, called his body, to the god he worships, after a style purely his own, nor can he get off by hammering marble instead. We are all sculptors and painters, and our material is our own flesh and blood and bones. Any nobleness begins at once to refine a man's features, any meanness or sensuality to imbrute them."     - Henry David Thoreau


I often get asked about my body modifications, and I never knew just what to say...it is something so deep and personal, that even if I could sum it up in some simple way, I am not sure I would want to tell. Stretching my earlobes is one way I have modified the substance of my body, and I am quite pleased with the results, both aesthetically, and spiritually. The lovely, hand-carved earrings, made from water buffalo tusk, were a gift from Jean-Baptiste.

No comments:

Post a Comment