Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Day 9 ----> Day 14

The Executioner
 In the images I create, I hope to weave stories...sometimes it is intentional, but more often it is not until I sit back and observe the finished piece that the characters and their stories fall into mind. When I search for images to use, it is always some little thing that catches my eye...the look of determination on the face of a child, or the way the leaves in a botanical print seem to sway on the page...I am able to store these images and the feelings they evoke in my mind, and then gradually, the more I shift these images in and out of focus in my mind's eye, arrange them and rearrange them, the idea slowly makes itself present.

What story do they tell you?


The Scientist


"But I do nothing upon myself, and yet I am my own executioner."   - John Donne








"It has become appallingly obvious that our technology has exceeded our humanity."    -Albert Einstein

The Tentacled Bust

The Anemone

The Explorer



 "We shall not cease from exploration and then end of all our exploring will be to arrive where we started...and know the place for the first time."   - T.S. Eliot

A Dreamer
The above pieces are all collage on wooden plaques, with stains, paints, and inks.

2 comments: