Saturday, January 8, 2011

Day 7 & Day 8

Day 7 - Microcosm



Combining my fascination with tentacles with my near-obsession with things encased under glass (taxidermy and other pretty little things) was more difficult than I imagined, and much more satisfying than anticipated. The idea of macrocosm vs. microcosm appeals to my brain in a myriad of way, and now I find myself looking in my immediate environment for things that could be vessels for these little examples of the sub-conscious. 


"Our self discoveries make us each a microcosm of the larger pattern of history. The inertia of introspection leads toward recollection, for only through memory is the past recaptured and understood. In the fact of experiencing and making the present, we are all actors."
     -Terence McKenna


Day 8 - Tentacled Necklace #2

Another pretty little thing...ink on plastic.

"Talent without discipline is like an octopus on roller skates. There's plenty of movement, but you never know if it's going to be forward, backwards, or sideways."
  - H.Jackson Brown, Jr.

3 comments:

  1. I'm loving every single one of your projects! Here's to taking on (and hopefully finishing) our 365's. *raises glass*

    ReplyDelete
  2. agreed! please don't give up on our little tentacly friends yet-- love what you've done so far! post something again so we know you're still here?
    peace, grow
    http://grow365.posterous.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome! I am loving the Microcosm especially!

    ReplyDelete